Skip to main content

What might be shocking?

Made by Martti Sooman
You probably know I am awfully cute but what you don't know and what might be shocking is the fact that I can make a scary face. More over I can make a fears sound that goes with it. However, I am not an angry dog but sometimes I get into conflicts between my friends. I guess I have 5 truly good friends and with others I don't really even have the will to play anymore. But you know what they say - you can't have too many good friends :)

Anyhow, what often surprises me is that dog owners freak out so easily when we play outside. Specially, when there is a conflict between dogs, they start to come between us but we want to solve it the only way we know how – through displaying dominance and aggressive behavior. The more dominant dog will defend her role to maintain her power. If the owner takes the dog away before we can finish our solving process then we might be angry at each other forever.  Just thought to share my amusement :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kung-Fu fighting

Kung-Fu fighting Right hook, left hook.. He is down! 1,2,3.. Stays down My cute face helps a lot in the process of him staying down, I am sure.  And actually, we both won :) Rory the labrador is my good friend you know.

Details about my labor

My labor lasted 36h in total. I know they say it is between 4-24h but I wanted to be legendary! 4th of May I started panting and I constantly moved a round the house because I felt uncomfortable. My human slept with me in the living room because she thought it will happen at night time. Guess what?! I did not think so. 5th of May morning I wanted to make a nest in the basement because there is a lovely part with sand that I enjoy so I felt like this could be a perfect fit for me. My human did not think so, I still wonder why?! Well okay, I understand they handmade me my maturity station and it would have been nice to deliver puppies there. So in the end I did it only for them you know. Another thing people say is that during labor there should be something easy to clean under the dog but seriously I am a lady and I am not going to sit on some plastic bag or something else. I needed my comfy blanket there with me. Luckily my human often understands me. During the morning time I e

Do Beagles like water?

Made by Irene Ranneva When I was little I hated water, even small shower was total pain. I always thought it is a punishment. but after half a year I started to tolerate it. I don't enjoy it but I realised the less I struggle the faster the whole circus is over. Made by Irene Ranneva After the shower I head right for the nearest sofa and roll like mad. I think my mum is not that big of a fan when I make the whole sofa wet but she started it. I don't think I need a shower at all but she seems to wash me every time after rainy walks or muddy digging. The weirdest time was when I rolled in a liquid poop and she was washing me 5x in a row. Sometimes it is so hard to understand her.. At least a  nice snack follows this procedure and these things I like, so I think we have found a half compromise.  Made by Irene Ranneva Even though I don't like taking showers that much I love the sea. Although, most beagles really don’t like water and are n